What is a Virtual Classroom in MS Teams
A Virtual Classroom is an innovative approach to taking part in a course, event or learning group remotely using digital technology. It enables you to listen and interact with the trainer and other learners.
Do you need any special equipment?
To take part in one of our Virtual Classrooms, you need:
- A laptop, PC or tablet.
- A web cam and a microphone - these are essential for you to engage with the learning. If you don't have them, you will not be able to take part and we will need to ask you to leave.
- You will have the choice to use a web version of MS Teams or you can download the application.
- MS Teams will provide the video conferencing technology for the Virtual Classroom and ASC LeadER will provide any resources and a link to join the Virtual Classroom.
How do I book a place on a Virtual Classroom?
East Riding employees should book a place on iTrent Self-Service. The Independent Care Sector should complete the eBooking on the Courses and Events page on ASC LeadER.
How do I access the Virtual Classroom?
You will receive a booking confirmation when you have booked a place on a course or event. This will provide a link to this Virtual Classroom Landing Pad, which provides:
- Details about the course or event, such as the Learning Aim, Learning Outcomes, etc.
- Any learning resources that can be reviewed before, during and after the Virtual Classroom.
A link to the specific Virtual Classroom will appear on this Landing Pad on the day the course or event takes place, which can be used to join the Virtual Classroom. East Riding employees that have an MS Teams account, can also join using the Join button on the MS Teams Calendar. However, they will need to access this Virtual Classroom Landing Pad to access any learning resources.
Further details on using MS Teams can be found on http://tinyurl.com/msteams-info.